Government Bursaries for Talented Students
Government Bursaries may be offered just for you! If want to get a higher education but you have no money, this programme is perfect. Here are the informations about government bursaries.
About Government Bursaries
There are many available government bursaries yearly that are offered through many government institutes, only for those who are qualified. The aim is to aid talented students to get the best education in order to provide South Africa with talented and stable workers in the future. The most commonly found study fields for government bursaries are, Oral Hygiene, Law, Accounting, Welding, Optometry, Ultra Sound Radiography, Auditing, Economics, Denstistry, Plumbing, Finance, Information & Technology, Taxation, Agricultural, Internal Auditing, Brick Lying, Physiotherapy, Food Service Management, LLB, Painting, Econometrics, Pharmacy, Nursing Science, Electrical, Financial and Management Accounting, Management, and Social Work.
Available Government Bursaries
There are quite many departments that offer government bursaries. These are the government bursaries available from Department of Higher Education :
- Electrical Engineering
- Supply Chain
- Medical Care
- Public Policy
- Construction Management
- Civil Engineering
- Corporate Governance
- Asset Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Quality Surveying
- Business Administration
- Town Planning and Regional Planning
Aside from Department of Higher Education, the other government bursaries are from National Treasury Department, Department of Transport, Department Finance, Correctional Department, Department of Social Development, and Health Department.
How to Apply for Government Bursaries
- Visit the website of institution that you want to get government bursaries from, or simply use google as your search engine. Then search “government bursaries South Africa”.
- Click one of the websites found.
- Read the government bursaries list and find the bursary that is suitable for you.
- Read all the informations and check if you are qualified to apply.
- Some government bursaries even provide their online application link. Follow each steps carefully and make sure you don’t miss any informations.
- If you are sure, prepare all the requirements needed.
- Submit your application, online or manually.
Government Bursaries Qualifications
The general qualifications of government bursaries are :
- Applicants should be the citizens of South Africa and have a valid ID Book/ ID Card.
- Applicants must have the pre-approval from an institute of higher learning.
- Applicants should be from a previously disadvantaged background.
- Applicants should habe the prove that they need financial aid.
- Applicants should have great academic record.
- Proficient in English.
- Grade 12 level of education.
Government Bursaries Deadline Submission
Each government bursaries have different closing date. It’s better to see the official website to get more precise informations.
So, apply now!
Please can I have a bursary application form to study engineering in 2017, I am currently in my matric year