Nursing bursaries are suitable for those who have a big passion of serving people especially around health care. Nursing needs a huge responsibility, so not everyone can do this. Here are the informations of nursing bursaries.
About Nursing Bursaries
Nursing is a profession around health care sector focused of families, individuals, and communities to maintain or recover quality of life and optimal health. Nursing bursaries basically are financial aid programme for people who want to study but have problem with economy. But, this bursaries only can be awarded for those who are really qualified for those.
Available Nursing Bursaries
The most commonly found nursing bursaries are around, nursing care, public health, medical care for emergency, pharmacy, general nursing, and promary health care.
How to Apply for Nursing Bursaries
- Visit the website of institution that you want to get nursing bursaries from, or simply use google as your search engine. Then search “nursing bursaries South Africa”.
- Click one of the websites found. I recommend bursaries-southafrica.co.za/bursaries-for-nursing or tshwaneline.co.za/learnerships-bursaries-internships/dept-Of-health.html .
- Read the nursing bursaries list and find the bursary that is suitable for you.
- Read all the informations and check if you are qualified to apply.
- Some nursing bursaries even provide their online application link. Follow each steps carefully and make sure you don’t miss any informations.
- If you are sure, prepare all the requirements needed.
- Submit your application, online or manually.
Nursing Bursaries Qualifications
The general qualifications of nursing bursaries are :
- Applicants should be the citizens of South Africa.
- Applicants must have the pre-approval from an institute of higher learning.
- Applicants should be from a previously disadvantaged background.
- Applicants should habe the prove that they need financial aid.
- Applicants should have great academic record.
For Mpumalanga Department of Health (Nursing Bursaries), the specific requirements are:
- A matriculation certificate for admission at a tertiary institution.
- The certificates should be registered with the South Africa Nursing Council (e.g ABET).
- The academic record should be : Life Sciences / Biology at least level 4 (HG D/SG C or above), English level 4 (HG DISC C), Mathematics level 3 (HG D/SG C), and another science subject (agriculture, physical science, geography) level 3 (HG E/SG C) or above.
Nursing Bursaries Deadline Submission
Each nursing bursaries have their own closing date. It’s better to see the official website to get more precise informations, but usually, bursaries application will be closed mid-year (July/August), or end-year (September-December).